In an attempt to continue to improve the Orange County Chapter - California Academy of Family Physicians and the value it brings to you, here are a few service goals for our academy members: (for future events, please see Events page.)
· CME Certification – American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) member attendees receive Prescribed credits for CME event programs approved by the AAFP. Certificates of attendance may also be requested by non-AAFP members who wish to receive CME credit for their attendance at the CME lecture events.
· Improved Chapter Communication – We use e-mails to communicate with our members. Our Board of Directors is considering the development of a Chapter Newsletter - we can put a link on this site - any volunteers??
· Assistance with ABFM’s SAM’s – In an attempt to assist you with the completion of your AAFP SAM requirements, those attending our CME lecture events will be given, at selected meetings, SAMs questions.
· Improved CAFP Involvement and Advocacy – Many of our Chapter Board of Directors also attend the Congress of Delegates to debate issues of interest to family physicians and politics.
· Improved CAFP Congress of Delegates (COD) / ASA Attendance – The CAFP COD was held at the San Francisco Fairmont Hotel, with the scientific assembly following. Discussions were lively and participation was active. Contact Dr. Timothy Munzing for further details.
· OC-CAFP Bylaws – Our Chapter bylaws are periodically reviewed and updated. If any changes are needed to bring them up-to-date, suggested revisions are raised at membership meetings for discussion.
· Fiscal Responsibility – Your Board of Directors will continue to closely guard our Chapter budget with fiscal responsibility. Sponsor support has been obtained/is being pursued for our lecture events, through applications by our staff for Unrestricted Grants or Educational Grants from company sponsors, and table display fees.